Welcome to the Digital Engagement Cookbook.
The purpose of this site is simple: to help you to explore the new opportunities that the digital world offers for engaging with and empowering citizens and consumers. It contains one of the most comprehensive, categorised collections of Digital Engagement methods on the web.
This site will:
- Introduce you to a range of digital engagement methods, including their strengths and weaknesses
- Help you to select the digital engagement method(s) relevant to you
- Provide examples of how the methods have been used
- Direct you to tools to put the method into action
For the purposes of this site, “digital engagement” means the use of digital tools and channels to help citizens and consumers to mobilise around an issue or make more informed decisions.
How to use the site
‘Planning engagement‘ and ‘Measuring success’ – Before you begin to explore the methods on this site, we recommend that you first look at the tips and guidance on engaging citizens and consumers and the information on how to evaluate the impact you are having.
Once you are ready to browse the digital engagement methods, this can be done in a variety of different ways:
‘Search methods’ – will help you to choose the right method for you. Select and set the parameters that matter to your organisation and the search will reveal the most appropriate methods for you.
‘Methods Directory’ – allows you to browse the entire directory of methods and do a simple search.
For each method, you will find a range of information, including:
- A short description
- A summary of its purpose
- A summary of its strengths and weaknesses
- Examples of it in use
- Links to tools and resources, and
- A Q&A style profile, to help you be sure it is the right method for you